Interested in a New Club? Try Model United Nations

Has Pandemic boredom casted a gloomy shadow over your life? Perhaps trying out a new club could be the solution? Join Model United Nations!

What is MUN?

Model United Nations, MUN is an interactive club where everyone is organized into a representative from a country of your choice (or if already taken or not in the UN, you will get another country from your list). You then attend meetings in which you discuss world issues, such as the active climate crisis. This is done in a format, in which you compete in speeches, debates, and write resolutions.

Model UN is a club based off the United Nations, an organizing consisting of 193 countries working together to solve global issues. Model UN was created as an activity for students to learn parliament procedures and how parts of the UN works.

Fairhaven Model United Nations Logo

Where and When is MUN?

Meetings occur typically every Wednesday, from 1-2 PM, in a Zoom Meeting

Any Homework?

Homework is considered to be very rare within MUN, and typically optional.

Orientation Day

Model United Nations has been structured into phases, where topics become different and more advanced. The Club is entering the 3rd phase of this format, on Wednesday, February 3rd. An Orientation day will be scheduled, with a date emailed soon. This will be focused for all new incoming members, in which the MUN format can be taught.

How do I join?

To Join the Model United Nations Club of Fairahven, contact:

Directer of FMS Model United Nations: Henry Bankowski

Secretary of FMS Model United Nations: Justin Barras

2 thoughts on “Interested in a New Club? Try Model United Nations”

1. great article and explanation–if I was a kid in middle school, I would want to join your club—love how generous is the approach–how welcoming it feels–and how it anticipates the reader’s questions. Good writing.

1. I agree. If I were an FMS student, I would be very interested in this club. Thank you for involving our students in thinking globally. Mrs. Walsh